Sunday, January 13, 2008

Email Record

I may have just hit my personal record for most student emails in a weekend:  56.  


About 3pm on Friday, I stopped answering student email on the theory that it is high time I take my life back - you know - have some boundaries and enforce them.  So all those emails that came in highlighted in lavender - the color I chose for the handy categorization rule for student email?  Yeah.  I there are 56 of them.  

I don't mind.  I guess.  It was nice to be away from the job for the weekend, and as long as the internet doesn't explode tomorrow due to my frantic posting of replies, I'll do it again next weekend, too.  

Even though it will be stressful until about 11am tomorrow, I will  have at least succeeded in creating some kind of barrier, which I desperately need.  

OK, tomorrow, I real post containing actual, real, teachable information. 

:-) 

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Boundaries are soooooooo necessary! Good for you for tuning out for a weekend.
~Allison